Fundraising assistance is a new feature of the BlueInvest initiative that aims to support equity round closures for 20 high potential EU start-ups with innovative blue economy solutions. Companies are invited to express interest to receive a tailored set of up to 20 days of 1:1 advisory services.
The coaching will be delivered by investors and investment-readiness experts with a proven track-record of preparing start-ups for negotiations with investors, at the seed-level, as well as for A- and B-series financing.
Interested? Apply now by registering to the BlueInvest Community and completing the dedicated Fundraising Assistance application form. The current application deadline is the 7th of April 2023. For any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.
Selected companies will be coached to identify and connect with relevant investors, bullet-proof their investment dossier and master their pitch.
Depending on the needs and maturity of beneficiaries, the key topics to be covered include:
● Assessing the type of finance needed
● Owning the investor landscape and understanding the investor’s perspective
● Mastering the fundraising journey (from financial model to financial ask)
● Preparing a sound data room for investors
● The art of the pitch (venture storytelling about challenge, solution, market sizing, go-to-market, next steps and team, backed by credible numbers)
● Negotiating deals and preparing a solid dossier for due diligence
As part of the fundraising assistance, all companies will also have the opportunity to join mock-up sessions with the BlueInvest team and a collective simulation-based workshop to prepare for their 1:1 pitches to investors.
Commission fee: Please note that following common market practice, BlueInvest fundraising assistance providers are entitled to charge a commission fee on the amount raised, to be negotiated directly with the company supported. This fee must be carried by the company and is not covered by the programme.
Companies are invited to express their interest for BlueInvest fundraising assistance via this page and will be informed of selection results at the end of the application cycle. The current deadline to apply is the 9th of September 2022.
The selection process will focus on the following key aspects:
● Based in the EU-27
● Sustainability of the blue economy solution
● Clear fundraising strategy supported by relevant investor documentation such as an investment dossier, financial information, pitch deck, proof of concept (POC), etc.
● Fundraising experience and outcomes of past funding rounds
● Existing capital structure, type of finance needed, financial performance and growth projections